Monday, March 23, 2015

Planner Decorating


After seeing planner decorating gradually becoming more and more popular, I thought I'd finally hop on the trend! I'd always tried using planners but they never really lasted more than a few weeks, maybe a month if I was lucky. I figured decorating my planner would make it more appealing and it definitely did. I now find myself checking my planner several times a day and it has really kept me on track. When I search up "planner decorating" on Pinterest, I'm overwhelmed with inspiration and I love it, so I thought I too would share how I decorate my planner.


I received this planner for Christmas and I've gotten lots of use out of it. It's super cute and compact. The only downside is the size of the days, but it's worth it to have a page of notes on the right.


 To start, I separate each day with washi tape. I've recently become obsessed with washi tape. You can find it places like Target, Walmart and Michael's. I try to switch up the colors each week. As you can tell, I took these photos a couple of weeks ago.




 Next, I go in with this paper tape from Kid Made Modern that I found at Target. It works perfectly for planning my blog posts.


I sometimes have to switch up my blog post schedule which is why I haven't posted a "stay positive" post yet.


On the right side of my planner, I like to start a to-do list for the week. This is what keeps me most organized and on top of everything. Every time I think of something, I add it to the list, and by the weekend I have all of my tasks on one list.


 I also like to use these little page tabs for any other important events or anything.


 I'll also add things I need to remember to get done sooner on these tabs.


That's basically it! After my planner is all decked out, I'll go in and write in any other important dates or ideas throughout the week. This has rally helped to keep me completely organized and I'd definitely recommend it. It's also really therapeutic to take some time to myself to plan the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment