Monday, March 16, 2015

Mani Monday: FAIL!


A while ago I found the L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Lingerie stickers on sale at Walmart for only $3. I really enjoy the Sally Hansen nails tickers and decided to give them a go for the cheap price. I forgot about them for a while but recently found them again and decided to try them. Let me tell you, these were a HUGE fail! I got the "shade" Something About Her As I thought it would be a really pretty overlay to a solid polish.

I read the instructions carefully to ensure I didn't mess anything up. I used OPI's drip dry drops to dry my nail polish. After letting my nails dry a tiny bit more I tried to apply the sticker and it slid right off my nail. I figured it was because of the drying drops, so I wiped down my nails and tried again. It stuck a little better this time. As I carefully flattened the sticker, tiny wrinkles showed up all over the nail. I assumed this was because it was my first try, but no. All of the nails turned out like this no matter what I did. The isntrustions said to file off the excess hanging off the nail, but that didn't work at all. It would hardly budge and I had to use nail clippers to trim it. The edges were jagged and kept getting caught on everything.

My nails looked awful and kept getting caught on any fabric so after only a few hours I had to remove them. The peeled right off super easily making me assume they wouldn't have lasted long anyways.

Even thought these were only $3, they were a waste of money. I really dislike doing bad reviews like this but I thought I should share my feelings if you're thinking of buying these. I'm not sure if they were limited edition or not.


These would have looked beautiful if they had actually worked. Maybe it was the way I was applying them, who knows. I have heard many positive reviews about these too. 

Let me know if you've tried these before, and what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment