Thursday, February 12, 2015

Matte makeup


 I've always been one for super shimmery and glittery eyeshadow. I thought it drew a lot of attention to my eyes and just looked nice. Lately I've been experimenting with some matte shadows and I love them! After developing a love for matte shadows, I've begun to go matte for the whole face! I thought I'd share my favorite matte look so far!


 To keep my matte makeup lasting all day, I love using smashbox's foundation primer as well as their lid primer. These both keep my makeup looking fresh.


 For face, I've recently been loving the Flower Beauty BB Cream. it has quite good coverage and a fairly matte finish.


 The Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder by Tarte is a super smooth and matte powder. It's long lasting and makes your skin look flawless!


 Another trend I've been following is contouring. Just a light sweep of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer and your face has so much more dimension. Also it's matte, so it looks more natural.


 Brows are a staple so I like to fill them in with the e.l.f. eyebrow kit in medium.


 I love big bold lashes so mixing the smashbox Full Exposure mascara with Tarte's lights, camera Lashes is perfect!


I like to go for a neutral pink on the lips. NYX's soft matte lip cream in Tokyo looks great on the lips.


My latest eyeshadow obsession is the palette from the Tarte Bon Voyage set. It has mostly matte sades to fuel my addiction. My favorite shades are 
1: Moulin Rouge
2: I think I Cannes
3: Eiffel for You
4: Chantilly Lace

I start by blending Moulin Rouge into the crease. I then deepen it up with I think I Cannes. In the outer corner, I blend in Eiffel for You and add Chantilly Lace to the center of my lids.



This look is perfect for any day! You can keep it simple for the day and add some winged liner for the night!





No comments:

Post a Comment