Thursday, January 1, 2015

How to make the most of 2015


For my first post of 2015, I thought I'd share a few ways I plan to make 2015 a great year! I'm no expert or anything, I just wanted to possibly help some of you to have a great year. Take this advice or don't, it's up to you! These are just some things I plan to follow throughout the year. I hope 2015 is a great year for everyone & Here's how I am going to make the most of it.

Create achievable goals
I've always created extreme unrealistic goals as my resolutions. This year I put a bit more thought into my new years resolutions and I made some that are more attainable. You can see my resolutions here.

Wake up with a positive attidude
This is one of my favorites, and I've noticed it has made an impact on my life. When I wake up and decide to be happy and positive, I usually have a better day. When I wake up with a negative mood, it stays with me throughout the day.

Try new things
I'm guilty of sticking to what I know and not coming out of my comfort zone very often. I've recently started trying new things and found out a really enjoy it! Even if it's something as simple as ordering something new at a restaurant or taking a new walking route, every little thing counts. 

Do things that scare you
I actually saw a quote on a Lululemon bag that said "Do one thing every day that scares you". Every time I think of backing out of doing something that scares me, I think of that quote  and it motivates me to continue.

Find a routine
Find a routine for your day to keep yourself on track. Wake up in the morning with positive thoughts and begin your routine to start your day right. 

Show gratitude
This is something I've been practicing a lot lately. Showing gratitude not only makes those who have helped you happy, but it also makes yourself happy. Say thank you often and express your appreciation to those you care about. 

Spread happiness
This connects with the last one. How can you be happy if the ones around you aren't? Spread happiness by complimenting people, showing gratitude and being happy yourself. You'll start to notice a huge change!

Read often
I love reading great books. They take me to another place and let me escape reality. I've always read a lot however I haven't been lately in the past year. In 2015, I plan to read a lot more!

Learn something new
Learn a new skill or find a new hobby. You may become passionate about something you could never have imagined loving.

Accept change
In order to move on, you need to accept change. People around you may change and you must start accepting that rather than trying to stop it. 

Use a planner
We all buy planners at the start of the year and use them for the first month or two, but that's about how long they last. Try to stick with your planner. It will keep you organized which can lead to less stress.

I hope we can all make the most of the new year and enjoy it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment