Monday, September 15, 2014

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel ~ Mani Monday/First Impression (Bare Dare)


 So after eying it for a while, I went out and picked up the new Sally Hansen miracle gel polish yesterday. I had heard mixed reviews on it but the majority of them were positive. getting gel polish at the salon can't cost up to $50 so I though this would be a cheaper alternative. Each polish was $11.99. I saw it for $9.99 at other stores but none of them had the top coat in stock. It's a bit pricey especially considering you need a separate top coat but I was hoping it would be worth it in the long run.


My mother and I both wanted to try it so we decided on a nude shade called Bare Dare.
packaging was a bit misleading since the black shade and the top coat look nearly identical apart for the lid color.
 
We were both quite disappointed with the polish. it was extremely sheer and streaky. After one coat you could barely tell ti was there. We added 2 coats and it was super streaky and uneven. There were lots of spots with uneven coverage. I did 3 coats and my Mum decided to stick with 2. After 3 coats, the polish was STILL streaky and uneven. I usual hate using 3 coats since it's much harder to remove. I really wasn't impressed.



You can kind of see the streaks better in this photo. they're much more visible in person.



 A few things we did like about this polish was that the brush made it very easy to stay within your nails and create a flawless line. It also dried extremely fast making it faster to paint your nails.


I really hope it is just this shade that is streaky but I'm also  bit scared to shell out another $10 for another possibly streaky polish that I'll never use. I haven't removed it yet so we'll see how that goes and maybe I'll do an update post on lasting power and how well it removes.
Let me know if you've had a different experience with this polsih.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment