Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Eye Studio Sampler ~ Review!

Wow! This review has been long awaited for me! I received this sampler kit as a Christmas gift and I have been testing out the products and using them ever since. I decided it would be more practical if I spread out the use of the mascaras instead of using them all at once. I am currently still using them, but I have tried each one out and created my opinion. I hope you enjoy this review, I can't wait!
 




This set is from Shopper Drugmart, which is a Canadian drugstore, and I'm not sure the retail price. I believe it's not available anymore as it came out around Christmas time, so sorry about that!


The set contains 6 sample-sized mascaras as well as a sample-sized eye makeup remover. The set also comes with a coupon to redeem your favorite product from the kit for free! So basically you're paying for the 7 samples plus 1 full-sized product.
All of the products are high-end brands, too!



Starting with the Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara! I had heard many great things about this, and I had great exceptions so I saved it for last. This is the mascara I've been using most recently.
It's hard to tell in the photo, but the wand is kind of an "S" shape. This mascara is slightly clumpy but nothing too unusual. I really like this one because it was really dramatic ad gave lots of volume. It's not dry, it's actually quite wet which I enjoy. It gives really full, black lashes which is my priority! 


The photos aren't the best representation of how it truly looks, but I wanted to add them anyways for a visual.



Next, Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening mascara. The brush is very simple and I like it. It has a fairly regular consistency and it looks very natural. There's not much volume or drama but it does hold a curl and gives some length. It makes my eyes appear wider which I suppose is the eye brightening affect. It doesn't dry stiffly which is good! 




This was my least favorite of them all, and I was really disappointed. The wand is very basic and nothing special. It has a very strong scent which isn't very appealing and it's a little bit difficult to remove. It slightly clumps and the formula is dry. In the end it gives a very natural look and it's nothing special to me.




The wand of Benefit's Bad Gal is huge! The formula is fairly dry as well, but it's build able. It's not a super dramatic mascara but it makes your lashes appear fuller. It gives a bit of length and volume but nothing too extravagant.







My second favorite of them all, was Clarins Wonder Perfect. The wand was the perfect shape and the formula wasn't dry! This was the first one I tried and at first it didn't do much, but after letting it sit for a week or too, it started to work great! It separates really well and doesn't leave any clumps and it's also slightly build able. It's not super dramatic, but it's quite black and easy to control. It's also easy to remove which is a plus!








Next up, Shiseido's Perfect Mascara Full Definition. As you can see in the photo above, I think this mascara has little fibers in it that cling onto your lashes and add length and volume. I think that is a really unique aspect of this products. The wand is a slight hourglass shape which contributes towards lash separation. The formula is slightly dramatic while also build able. This was another one of my favorites!



Last up is the Bourjois Paris Eye Makeup Remover. It says non-oily, but it feels very oily to me. It melts makeup and removes most of it fairly well. I still do find traces of mascara and eyeliner. It stings a bit if I accidentally get it in my eye. I'm not used to using liquid makeup remover, as a don't use it often, but I don't really love this one.

OVERALL:
Removing: 8/10
Oiliness (10 super oily, 1 not oily at all): 8/10
Stinging: 6/10
Any left over residue: A little bit
Would I repurchase?: nah
Would I recommend?: probably not
Overall: 7/10

In the end, I will probably end up choosing Lancome's Hypnose Drama mascara when all of the samples come to an end!

That is it! I hope you enjoyed this review, and thank you to everyone and those who read till the end!
Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment