Friday, May 23, 2014

Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette ~ Review & Swatches!

Hello everyone!
I have been waiting to post my review on the NAKED 2 palette for what feels like ages! I received this for my birthday and have been using it ever since. After years of wanting it I finally have it! Out of the 3 NAKED palettes, this was the one that appealed to me the most. The taupe-hued shades really stood out to me and are great neutrals for everyday. This palette is so versatile and can create numerous eye looks from bare to smokey.
Anyways, on with the review!






The palette came with a primer potion set containing 4 different eye primer samples. I was excited to see this because I have been wanting to try out Urban Decay's primer potion shades for a while now! I've been trying these out and they really do help shadow stay vibrant and last all day.


The samples are actually fairly large! It says they will last around a week, but I've been using Eden for nearly 3 weeks now and I still have lots left. A little goes a long way with this!




The packaging is almost like a tin case and it's very sturdy and good quality. The design is very simple and sleek and I really think it suits the palette. 
The NAKED 2 palette costs $64 CA and $54 US on Sephora.com. 



The palette inside is spectacular! There are 12 taupe-hued neutrals (as the UD website states) which are all very unique. A few of my favorite shades are FOXY, BOOTY CALL, VERVE, AND BUSTED.
My go-to look recently has been FOXY on the inner corner and brow-bone, BOOTY CALL and VERVE all over the lid, and a mixture of browns such as BUSTED and SNAKEBITE in the crease.
The palette has a great selection of shades from very light shades to extremely deep shades. There are 3 mattes in the palette which are great shadows to have. I really love shimmer so this palette is perfect for me!


From left to right: FOXY, HALF BAKED, BOOTY CALL, CHOPPER, TEASE, SNAKEBITE, SUSPECT, PISTOL, VERVE, YDK, BUSTED, BLACKOUT.

The shadows have amazing pigmentation! However a few of the shadows don't show up as pigmented on the eyes as they do swatched. They're so smooth and velvety and they blend so easily. The shadows create the most stunning eye-makeup looks that last all day. All of the shades in the palette correspond with each other creating opportunity for endless looks. It's perfect for day or night!


It also comes with a dual-ended makeup brush which is another great bonus to this palette! The brush is a fairly good quality brush with a side great for packing on color and a side perfect for blending. The bristles are very soft and they blend the shadows effortlessly.



The swatches are so buttery (funny but accurate chose of words!) and smooth!



Here's an up close of the texture of the eyeshadows. 

OVERALL:

Pigmentation: 9/10
Lasting Power (with primer): 10/10
Lasting Power (without primer): 9/10
Blend-ability: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Price: 7/10 Pricey but almost average for high-end palettes.
Downside: Some shadows aren't as pigmented and some shadows lose pigmentation with light blending.
Would I repurchase?: Probably, if I ever run out
Would I recommend?: Definitively!
Overall: 9/10!

I hope you enjoyed this review & sorry for the length! I wanted to fit in as much info as possible!
Bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment