Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MAC 187 Duo Fibre Face Brush~Review!

Hello everyone!
Today I have a quick little review on a brush I've had for nearly a year now. It was my first ever MAC (and high-end) brush I'd ever tried. I bought it thinking I'd use it for foundation and I've found many other uses along the way. I hope you enjoy!

 Photo: When I first bought it, before I used it.

Photo: After a while of using. As you can see it has a few stray hairs and it doesn't look at smooth but it still feels very soft and works well. 





I really like the appearance of this brush. It has a very sleek and sturdy handle, and when the bristles are clean, it looks very smooth. 
This brush was very pricey at around $50 Canadian. I did buy it for myself after saving up and doing my research. I have to say I am glad I bought it and I don't regret it. I use it mainly for blush as it gives a natural, light application. On occasion I'll pull it out for powder or liquid foundation but my favorite use is blush. 
This brush definitely DOES shed. I did know this prior to purchasing but I went ahead and did it anyway. I wish it didn't shed, but I've gotten used to it. The softness of the bristles makes up for it.
The bristles are so soft and they glide across you face so effortlessly. 
The bristles do slightly clump when used with liquid foundation but it does give a nice, blended application and an airbrushed appearance. 
I do wish there wasn't as many stray hairs after just 1 year of use especially for the price!

OVERALL: 8.5/10

Price: A little pricey
Use: 9/10
Downside: It sheds!
Would I recommend: Yes!

Hope this was helpful, bye!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment