Sunday, March 2, 2014

MAC Fix+ Review!

I tried to post this yesterday on the 1st, but I was out all day and couldn't find the time so it's going up today!
I've seen so many people on YouTube and blogs using MAC Fix+ and I didn't even know what it was. I researched it a bit and it sounded really cool to me. I also read great review which I always do before buying a product! Even if I read good reviews, the product isn't guaranteed to work for me. So instead of spending the $24 on the full size, I bought the travel size for $12. I just wanted to test it out and see if I liked it before I completely splurged.



Usage:
I usually only use this for 2 main things.
The first usage, is as a makeup setting spray to give my face a dewy look.
The second usage, is spraying my brushes before dipping them into eyeshadow. This makes the eyeshadows last all day even without eye primer!

More uses of the product I've heard about are:
-As a cool, refreshing mist before makeup.
-To dilute thick foundations or moisturizers
-To give a matte face a dewy glow
-Mix with pigments 
I'm sure there are many more but those are the ones I've heard of!


I really like the packaging of this. It has the option to lock the spray cap for travel. It's also a very sleek bottle.
As for the product, I really like that too!
I don't like to look too matte or cake-y, and this is perfect to prevent that! I spritz about 3 sprays after my makeup and it adds such a  natural finish. It also aids in helping my makeup last even longer. I haven't seen any drugstore products similar to this which is disappointing. I may just splurge and buy the full size next time I have the opportunity.
This product is very unique, but it's not something I couldn't live without. It's definately a luxury product that isn't necessary in my makeup routine. I could easily use less powder or highlighter for a more dewy look, and I could just wet my brushes with water to make shadows last longer.
I do think this is a fun product to play around with though!
Overall, I'd give this an 8/10. It does work really well for it's purpose, but it is a bit pricey.

I hope this was helpful, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment