Tuesday, February 4, 2014

NYX Bohème Chic Palette

I picked up this palette a while ago from Target on major clearance. It was originally $18, but it was on clearance for $5.99! There were many other NYX palettes, but this was the one that appealed most to me.


It contains 24 eyeshadows and 2 blushes. There are 18 Neutral shade in the top compartment and 6 earthy, bohemian tones in the bottom compartment  A few of the shadows at the bottom actually have quite some shimmer.

The packaging is very sleek and totally looks high end. 
It has a large mirror which is great for doing your makeup in. 
It has a variety of shades from pink tones, to browns, and even a green tone. 
The bottom slides out the reveal the blushes, eyeshadows, and applicators.
I really like the blush colors they selected for this palette. They are very different from each other and they're completely matte. The shadows have a very unique shape They're in between a square and a circle.
The shadows are 0.04 oz or 1.2 g. The blushes are 0.13 oz or 3.8 g.
 Here's just a few random swatches to show to pigmentation. Some shadows are more pigmented than the others. Over all, I expected more from these shadows. They show up faintly on your eyelid although you can build up the color. Some of the lighter colors hardly show up at all, but some of the darker colors such as the dark brown in the photo are very pigmented!
If you're looking for some good quality, matte shadows, I wouldn't recommend this as a first choice but it is a more affordable option. 
I like the variety of neutral shades in the palette but I don't find myself reaching for this often. 
I hope you enjoyed this review, and that it was somewhat helpful!
Thanks for reading, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment