Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blogmas 2013: Day 5! Favorite Perfumes and Body Mists

I love collecting perfumes! Every time a new one comes out, I feel like I need to buy it, or at least run to the store and smell it! Perfumes are completely personal preference. There's a wide variety of different types of scents which can really express who you are. Many people have a signature scent which you could notice them by, but I could never choose just one!
It's always fun to pick out a new scent each day and I love leaving the house smelling great! I feel empty when I forget perfume in the mornings so I usually keep a mini in my purse just in case.
A huge problem I ran into was leaving my perfumes out exposed in the sun :0 
I had kept my perfumes on a tray on my desk by my window and the sun hit them everyday. The scents changed within months to unappealing scents. I could still smell a hint of the original scent but it was mostly un-wearable which was pretty disappointing. I'm definitely going to repurchase my ruined ones since I can't live without them!
When I'm going out for the night, or something fancier, I tend to opt for a full-on perfume, but during the day I usually enjoy a light body mist!
Anyways, on with my favorites!
As you can see, the coloring of Pink Sugar (the one of the far right) is totally off. Due to sun damage it has turned an awful yellow color! I would definitely recommend storing your perfume out of the sun and out of the heat!
The first body mist is Beautiful Day by Bath and Body Works. This is the perfect scent for the summer! It's light and fruity with a hint of floral. I actually featured this in a haul along with Honey Sweetheart which you can view here.
Next is my absolute favorite winter scent and all-time favorite Bath and Body Works scent. It's called Vanilla Bean Noel and I absolutely adore it! It's smells exactly how you would expect, just like vanilla!
Honey Sweetheart Is perfect when I'm looking for a floral flirty scent. It's also from Bath and Body Works and the packaging is to die for. 
The Bath and Body Works website had a description for it:
Top Notes: Italian Mandarin, Grapefruit, White Peach
Mid Notes: Apple Blossom, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Lily of the valley
Dry Notes: Cedarwood, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Candy Heart Accord
I am awful at describing scents so I won't bother.
 Pink Sugar is the perfect sweet scent. It smells like cotton candy and everything sweet. I always get compliment when I wear it and I often hear people say "What smells like candy?' Oh it's just my AMAZING perfume! ;)
As you can see I love vanilla. I tried a solid perfume from lush in the scent Vanillary and it has a completely different scent than Vanilla bean Noel. It's super easy and quick to apply so it's great for on the go.
Finally, my last favorite is Cotton Candy by Demeter. I would totally recommend checking out the Demeter website to browse all of their amazing unique, scents. They have crazy ones like Black Bamboo, all the way to sweet ones like Cotton Candy! I don't think I need to do much explaining on how this smells, but let's just say it's amazing!
Costs (Regular Price from their websites):
Beautiful Day: $14
Vanilla Bean Noel: $14
Honey Sweetheart (travel size): around $8
Pink Sugar (1.7oz./50ml): $30-$50
Vanillary: $9.95
Cotton Candy (1oz): $20
 Well, those are my top 6 favorite perfumes and body mists! I hope you enjoyed and come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 6! Hope you've been enjoying Blogmas =)

No comments:

Post a Comment