Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blogmas 2013: Day 11! How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Cleaning your brushes can get annoying, especially if you have a lot of them! I don't have a ton of brushes but it does take a bit of work and time to clean them. it's really important to clean your brushes every 1-2 weeks to prevent to spread of bacteria. Other than cleaning my brushes every week or so, I also spot clean them every day or to prevent mixing colors. Anyways, here's how I clean them!
You only need 3 things! Baby shampoo, a towel or washcloth, and your brush(s).
I use baby shampoo because it's super gentle on the bristles which will help brushes last longer. 
1. I start off by rinsing the brush, trying to focus the water on the bristles, not on the ferrule (metal part). Again this will help your brushes last!
2. I squeeze about a dime sized amount of shampoo onto my hand. I find it the easiest to clean my brushes right in my hand!
3.Then I swirl the bristles around in the shampoo until they're completely coated. The shampoo usually turns color with the product that was on the brush.
4. I squeeze out the bristles, making sure to remove all of the shampoo. Your brush should return to its normal color, if it doesn't, it's either stained or not clean.
5. And finally, I finish by laying the brush on a washcloth to dry. This usually takes around 5 hours so I usually just leave it overnight!
And that's it! I hope this helped, thanks for ready!
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment